Sunday 2 August 2009

REVIEW: FINGER TINGLES BULLET VIBE


I was so excited to get my sweaty little palms on this bullet vibe. It sounds brilliant and, indeed, when it arrives it looks it. That's where the pleasure stops for a while. I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and take main responsibility for what happened next. I open the lid and try to remove the vibe but it's stuck, not seeing any reason why, I make a close examination of the packaging (which is see-through plastic and not the most inspired design I've ever seen). Nope, no reason for it not coming out so I try to open it from the bottom and success, it finally falls into my hand... With the bottom section of packaging, very firmly, attached. The actual vibe looks fun and feels great so I start trying to get the bottom packing of to have my fun. It took 45 minutes, two knives (do NOT try this at home!) and lube. It appeared to be soldered onto the bottom and I would have left it but you can't switch the vibe on without pressing the button at the bottom of it so I persevered and finally cut and pried the bottom of the bullet vibe out... And sent it flying through the air. When I found it I wish I could say it was worth the wait but the bottom looked rather cheap and plastic. Although, when you attach it to the rest of the vibe it looks fine.
Despite nearly an hour of huffing and puffing before... Well, huffing and puffing I was determined to put this vibe through its paces and I'm so glad I did. Although the frustration of getting into this toy was nearly enough to put me out of the mood for good.
The vibration is incredibly strong and quiet. The tongue shape of the vibe is ingenious; you can move this anywhere on your body and it certainly does 'tease' you. The hole in the middle is perfect. I normally prefer to either use my toys or fingers separately in play, but this item is very tempting in its simplicity and so I gave it a whirl. It was fantastic. It's a totally different feel to anything I've used before. The vibration is more of a tickling burr as opposed to a thunderous, deep drilling (which is usually my preferred method) and although I don't often use the word delightful, on this occasion, that's exactly the word that springs to mind.
Is it worth the money? Probably not, but what the hell. It’s original, quiet and very aesthetically pleasing. The skin of the vibe feels good, not great but there’s no turn off rubber smell and that’s a big plus for me.
If you're big fans of bullets and sleeves then you won't go wrong with this, I can see it being used in several different ways.
It comes with its own, non rechargeable 1.5v battery (the watch disc type) and that’s a plus, although I always find getting these batteries a bit awkward at times.
As for being able to remove the bullet from the sleeve and using it separately, this can be done with ease and gives you yet more variety.
So, to sum up: If you want a versatile bullet vibe that is quiet, sexy looking and reasonably priced then this is the one for you.
If, like me, you're just trying your hand at various different vibes to find what fits, then there are maybe cheaper (and easier to access!) bullet vibes out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh go on, you know you want to say something.